1 banana, mashed (about 150g)
2 tbsp chia seeds with 6 tbsp water
90g runny cashew or almond butter
50g melted coconut oil
50g maple syrup
300g Blueberry and Banana Oats
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
150g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and grease and line a dish about 8-inch square. Stir together the chia seeds and water and leave to one side for 5-10 minutes to form a gel.
- Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl, stir in the cashew/almond butter, melted coconut oil and syrup. Now stir in the chai seed gel.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt and stir to form a thick mixture. Fold through most of the blueberries.
- Pour into the lined dish, top with the extra blueberries and bake for 35 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow to cool fully on a wire rack and slice into squares/bars. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.