Who could resist these yummy bluebbery and banan muffins by Gopi?!
A delightful batch of fruity muffind and a great way to use up ripe bananas.
• 1 cup of blueberry and banana oats
• 1 cup of plain flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
• 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
• 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup of almond milk
• 2 ripe bananas mashed
• 1/4 cup of maple syrup-optional
• 1/4 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
• 1 tbs flax egg- 1 tbs flaxseed plus 3 tbs water
What you need to do:
1. Pre heat oven 180 degrees Celsius, gas mark 4, line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
2. In a bowl add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, oats and mix well.
3. In a jug add the milk, oil, vinegar, flaxseed, maple syrup, bananas and whisk until combined.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together, fold in the blueberries.
5. Fill the muffin cases to under 3/4 full, top with some oats and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Insert a skewer to check if muffins are cooked.
6. Allow to cool, great served the next day lightly grilled with a spread of nut butter.