There's nothing better than digging into a bowl of Blueberry & Banana Porridge to kick-start the day, is there?! Well, you'll be on our page after trying this one!
One of our favourite porridge-bowl connoisseurs, Meera, has been busy perfecting this drool-worthy creation!
All you need is:
- 60g The Great British Porridge Co Blueberry & Banana Porridge
- 230ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 scoop (30g) Vanilla Protein Powder
- Half a banana, cut lengthways
- 1/4 tsp Maple Syrup or Coconut Sugar
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- 8-10 Blueberries (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tbsp Blueberry Jam
- A sprinkle of Cacao Nibs
- 10-15g Dark Chocolate
- Edible Rose Petals (optional)
1. Rub the inner flesh of the banana with maple syrup or sprinkle with a dash of coconut sugar. Place flesh side down on a nonstick frying pan and cook on a medium heat until caramelised. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. Heat the porridge oats with the almond milk until the milk comes to a boil. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer for a minute or two and stir to make it creamy. Off the heat, stir in the protein powder.
3. Place the porridge in a bowl and top with the caramelised banana, blueberries, blueberry jam, almond butter, cacao nibs, dark chocolate and rose petals.