Why not mix up that porridge game of yours and whip up some of these Blueberry & Banana Breakfast Bars? Amy couldn't have got the combination of fruits more perfect in these drool-worthy oat bars. The recipe serves 12 but we reckon you'll love it so much it won't last that long!
- 1 banana, mashed (about 150g)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds with 6 tbsp water
- 90g runny cashew or almond butter
- 50g melted coconut oil
- 50g maple syrup
- 300g Blueberry and Banana Porridge
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 150g blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 160Fan/180*C and grease and line a dish about 8-inch square. Stir together the chia seeds and water and leave to one side for 5-10 minutes to form a gel.
- Mash the banana in a large mixing bowl, stir in the cashew/almond butter, melted coconut oil and syrup. Now stir in the chai seed gel.
- Add the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt and stir to form a thick mixture. Fold through most of the blueberries.
- Pour into the lined dish, top with the extra blueberries and bake for 35 minutes until firm to touch.
- Allow the bars to cool fully on a wire rack and slice into squares/bars. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.