Dessert for breakfasts? We’re pros at that.
Dig into these delish Cherry Bakewell-inspired Overnight Oats; tart, slightly sour cherries, creamy almond milk, and nutritious oats, marry together to create a hearty, filling breakfast good for the soul.
We all know how quintessentially British the Cherry Bakewell tart is, and being a quintessentially British brand, we couldn’t wait to share this Great British recipe with you!
By soaking the oats overnight, we've created a deliciously light and fluffy, yet luxuriously creamy breakfast. To recreate the famous Cherry Bakewell flavour, we’ve taken our Red Berry and Pumpkin Seed Oats, and added in a few almond flav drops to mimic the classic marzipan flavour found in the traditional dessert.
What You’ll Need
- 1tsp Almond extract
- 50g Cherry yogurt
- 55g The Great British Porridge Co Red Berry & Pumpkin Seed Porridge
- 60ml Almond milk
- 1tbsp Chia Seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1tbsp Sweet Freedom maple syrup
- A handful of frozen cherries
- Fresh cherries
- Roasted almonds
We’re big fans of overnight oats here at The Great British Porridge Co HQ. Not only do they taste great, but they require minimal prep and make for the perfect on-the-go breakfast for busy people.
- Start by mixing together the oats, almond extract, almond milk, chia seeds, vanilla extract, and maple syrup into a medium-sized bowl.
- Once combined, fill your overnight oats jar ¼ of the way with the oaty mix. Then add a generous dollop of the cherry yogurt and a generous sprinkling of the frozen berries.
- Finish off the jar by adding in the remainder of the oaty mix before covering and leaving to refrigerate overnight.
- When you’re ready for brekkie in the morning, finish off the jar with another dollop of the yogurt and top with some fresh cherries and roasted almonds.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy this cherrific breakfast.