It's never too early to get into the festive, Christmassy spirit (especially in 2020....). To kick-off our Christmas bakes, we've got an incredible Gingerbread Cheesecake recipe for you! Whether you're cooking for a friend or just looking to treat your family, this Gingerbread Cheesecake recipe is gluten free and will do the trick three times over!
What you need:
For the crust:
- 160g The Great British Porridge Co Chocolate Instant Porridge Oats
- 70g Pecan Nuts
- 60ml Water
- 150g Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Mixed Spices
For the filling:
- 500g Cream Cheese (vegan if required)
- 250g Greek Yoghurt (vegan if required)
- 3 tbsp Molasses
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Mixed Spices
For the whipped cream:
- 250g Double Cream (or Coconut Milk Cream)
What you need to do:
- Preheat oven to 175oC and line a round baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients for the crust together until a dough forms.
- Press gently into the bottom of the baking tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Start making the filling by mixing together the cream cheese, greek yoghurt, molasses and spices until creamy.
- Add in the eggs and mix until just combined.
- Pour onto the baked crust and take the oven down to 160oC. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until the edges are nicely golden brown.
- Leave to cool overnight in the fridge.
- Whip the cream and top the cheesecake with a wreath shape. Decorate as you please! Enjoy!