Snacks? We’ve got those covered too!
These healthy sugar-free flapjacks are made from a base of our High Protein Low Sugar Porridge Mix, dates, and bananas creating a well-rounded, balanced snack, perfect for enjoying with a brew and bridging the gap between breakfast and lunch.
Although flapjacks taste great, more often than not, they’re loaded with added sugar and nasties, not so great for our guts. Our healthier alternative is made naturally sweet from its banana and date base and the addition of peanut butter too. Packing in the goodness, this fruity mid-morning snack is high in protein and fibre and full of slow release energy, so you can wave goodbye to those mid-morning hunger cravings.
Ready in under an hour, they’re an excellent snack to make on a Sunday afternoon, ready to keep for the week ahead!
- 350g The Great British Porridge Co High Protein Low Sugar Porridge Mix
- 4tbsp Peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 200g Dates (left to soak in boiling water for 10 mins)
- 75ml Plant-based milk
- 3 x Ripe bananas
- Mixed spices
- 1 x Vanilla pod
- Nuts/seeds to top (optional)
- Start by preheating the oven to 180 and greasing and lining a square, loose-bottomed baking tin.
- Begin by adding the softened dates, plant-based milk, bananas, vanilla seeds, and peanut butter into a blender and blitzing together until you begin to form a thick nut butter paste.
- In a separate bowl, add in the porridge oats along with the mixed spices and stir together. Once well combined, add in the nut butter paste and mix together until a flapjack dough begins to form.
- Transfer your flapjack mix into the prepared baking tin and make sure it’s evenly distributed. Pop in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes or until golden brown - if you've chosen to top your treats with nuts and seeds, add these on top around halfway through the cooking time.
- Remove from the oven and leave to completely cool before cutting up. These will keep for up to a week and can also be frozen!