If you thought we'd forgotten about our beloved Red Berry & Pumpkin Seed porridge, you're wrong....
The wonderful Barbara has whipped up these magically energising and crunchy granola bars to keep you fuelled during those wet and drizzly afternoons! With some super easy-to-find cupboard ingredients you'll be able to batch-bake these in no time, ready in time for work next week.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup Rolled Oats
- 1 cup The Great British Porridge Co Red Berry & Pumpkin Seed Porridge
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder (plant-based if required)
- 1 cup Medjool Dates
- 1/2 cup Seeds & Nuts (choose your favourites!)
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips (plant-based if required)
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Splash of Milk (plant-based if required)
How to make it:
- Cover the dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the oats and porridge, seeds and nuts, chia seeds and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, drain the dates and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla protein powder and a splash of milk until smooth.
- Transfer the wet mix into the dry mix and bind together.
- Once the mix is cool, add in chocolate chips and stir.
- Transfer the batter into an 8inch x 8inch pan and create an even later of mix.
- Place the tin in the freezer for 20 minutes and slice into even bars and serve!