When two breakfast worlds collide, here’s what you end up with…
Although the beauty of our delicious porridge mixes is that they can be ready in just 60 seconds with minimal prep; we also love their versatility. When we’ve got a little extra time in the morning, there’s nothing better than getting creative in the kitchen and whipping up something a little different for breakfast time.
For this delicious Porridge Toast Recipe, we’ve taken our Caffe Latte oats, popped them in the oven to add a little crunch then pimped out our toast with this tasty topping.
- 200g The Great British Porridge Co Caffe Latte Oats
- 2tbsp The London Honey Co Honey
- A handful of mixed seeds
- A handful of flaked almonds
- 2 x Slices of sourdough toast
- Nut Butter of your choice
- For the baked porridge oats, start by preheating the oven to 180. Mix the honey, oats, and seeds into a large bowl and ensure everything is well coated. Tip the mixture out onto a large lined baking tray and evenly distribute. Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, add in the flaked almonds, and pop in an airtight container once cooled. This will last for up to three weeks if sealed - so it’s perfect for dipping into throughout the week!
- Once the oaty mixture has cooled down, pop 2 slices of the sourdough under the grill and toast to your desired toastiness!
- Top with a light coating of your favourite nut butter and a generous serving of the baked oats mix and enjoy!