With Halloween just around the corner, we couldn't help but create some Spooky Truffles to help you celebrate (and keep the kids entertained)!
If you're looking for a super simple, gluten free AND vegan treat, this is THE recipe for you! Our awesome Amy slaved hard over these to absolutely nail the recipe so make sure you tag us in your creations!
What you'll need:
- 100g Pumpkin and Red Berry Porridge Oats
- 150g pitted dates
- 60g pumpkin puree
- 50g cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 20g coconut flour
- A pinch of salt
- 200g chocolate, melted
- 30g icing sugar
- Googly eyes
What you need to do:
- Add the Pumpkin Seed & Red Berry Oats to a blender and blitz to a flour. Soak the dates in boiling water to soften them and drain.
- Place the dates in a food processor with the pumpkin puree, cashew butter and vanilla essence and blend until really jammy. Now add in the blitzed oats, cinnamon, mixed spice, coconut flour and salt and blend to a smooth and sticky dough.
- Divide the mix into 16 pieces and roll into balls. Place on a lined tray and into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Melt the chocolate and prepare the icing sugar glaze by stirring together the icing sugar with 1 tsp of water until thick.
- Dip each truffle into the chocolate and place back on the tray. Spoon over some of the icing sugar on top and drag through with a toothpick to create a spider’s web. Add on the googly eyes and allow to set in the fridge for 10 minutes or until the chocolate has set.