Picture this…you wake up to the sound of birds chirping. The sun is beaming through your blinds. Summer is here. You remember you’ve got your favorite breakfast ready and waiting for you in the fridge. Life is good.
It’s no secret how much we LOVE overnight oats here. Of course, a classic bowl will always come tops, but overnight oats are a close second. Tasty and versatile, enjoy straight from the fridge on a warm summer's day.
Filled with all the oaty goodness, Denise Phillips, has created this delicious trio of overnight oats using our 100% natural and 100% tasty porridges.
What you’ll need
- 50g yogurt - either Greek, natural, flavored, or plant-based.
- 50g The Great British Porridge Co Red Berry & Pumpkin Seed Oats
- 120ml milk or plant-based alternative
- 1 tablespoon chia or flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Spoon into a 450g jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Close jar and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight) before eating. Overnight oats will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Experiment with different flavour combinations to find out what tantalises your taste buds!
Cinnamon & Pear
Use our Red Berry & Pumpkin Seed Oats
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or pecan nuts
1-2 tablespoons raisins
1 large pear – cut, cored and roughly chopped
Topping: Add another pear, walnuts and a drizzle of honey
Blueberry & Almond
75g fresh blueberries
½ tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons skin on almonds – roughly chopped & roasted
Topping: Add a handful of blueberries, drizzle honey / maple syrup and a few chopped almonds
Chocolate & Almond Butter
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
1 tablespoon almond butter
1 large date or 2 teaspoons maple syrup