This no bake vegan Banoffee Pie is infused with coffee and is the easiest dessert you’ll ever make! Lush layers of caffe latte oats base, coconut caramel and bananas topped with whipped coconut cream! It’s a plant based recipe, gluten-free, and of course, vegan-friendly.
This healthier Banoffee Pie is seriously the perfect dessert to whip up for the whole family this holiday season. Things we love about this recipe is that it’s really easy to make, doesn’t involve baking for hours. All you need is few ingredients, some Caffè Latte porridge and 20 minutes!
You've got the incredible Barbara to thank for this recipe!
What you'll need:
For the base:
200 g Vegan Chocolate Biscuits
85 ml coconut oil (melted)
For the filling:
2 tbsp coconut sugar
60 g vegan butter
1 can condensed coconut milk
1 big or 2 medium bananas
1 can coconut milk (cream only)
1 tbsp honey
What you need to do:
- Start by preparing the condensed coconut milk. Place a can of condensed coconut milk in a large pan, and cover with water so it is totally submerged.
- Allow to simmer on a low heat for about 2-3 hours (turn it half way through cooking). Make sure the can is submerged at all times and ensure to cool the can down before opening it, as it may explode!
- Place the biscuits in a food processor and whizz until you have fine crumbs.
- Mix with melted coconut oil, oats and espresso and transfer into 20 cm loose-bottomed tin.
- Press over the base and the sides of the tin, and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Add sugar and vegan butter into a medium saucepan and stir continuously, on a low heat until the sugar has dissolved (around 10 minutes).
- Add the coconut caramel and bring to rapid boil for a minute (still cook on low heat, be patient here it might take longer than you think), keep stirring the mixture all the time until you have thicker caramel.
- Pour the caramel into prepared base. Cool and refrigerate for an hour, allowing the caramel to set.
- Slice the bananas and arrange them on top of the caramel.
- Using an electric or hand mixer, mix together coconut cream and honey until you have soft peaks.
- Transfer the whipped coconut cream to a piping bag and top the pie or just spread with a knife.
- Dust with some cocoa powder and sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Don't forget to tag us in all of your creations over on Instagram!